Friday, March 5, 2010

Somewhere around a new beginning

Welcome to my very first post, to whoever may wander ontot this blog. I' beginning this new journey, finding myself at anther crossroads. I have travelled so far to get here, trying to grow and consider myself a seeker.

How did i find myself here? What does the Washing bowl mean to me? The answer to the first question...I have always thought about blogging, have done some, but never thought I would want to dedicate a space to it. Life changes...well mine has, that's the way I like it. How can we grow if we don't strive to be more than we are? The washing bowl, seems so simple, I mean look at it, but even as i moved the two vessels around, to take the pictures here. I noticed how the perspective changed with the angle of light. It marks a point of my life, that will give me a way to work towards self sufficiency, to fill and empty the vessel over and over again.

If it were just about personal growth, the blog may become a bit stale. My hopes, are to share, the lessons i learn from others and on my own. I'm very interested in homesteading and doing what I can to make my urban home self sufficient, solar, wind, rain water harvesting, etc. I began this part of my journey, cutting down on TV watching, with hopes to eliminate it all together. Which seems simple enough, for those willing to change...books are wonderous things if you know how to use them...they have no on'off button and require no cords. I then became curious, about how to live off the grid without running water. Thus, the search for a vessel to wash myself from, once i found the bowls shown above, they sat unused for over a week. Taking the first step to make a change, can be scary, it is something i face with every new thing I try.

There is something to be said about bowing to a bowl of warm water, cleansing yourself from head to toe. It has been a week bathing this way and it has brought me here.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! And am thrilled to be your first follower. We are of like minds. I've recently been especially intrigued by vessels. Bowls. These are so lovely. And the photos are exquisite. But vessels again — yes, they are meant to be emptied only to be filled again. I've seen enough bountiful, fruit bowl still-lifes for this lifetime. (Maybe not). But right now, it's the empty ones that mesmerize me.

    Thank you for starting this blog and keep it rolling. I'll be reading.

    Qat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, Qat.

    ReplyDelete