Thursday, March 25, 2010

Prmitive Skills

There three primitive skills i want to learn over the coming months. The first is basket making, using flexible twigs. I look at the trees in my yard and imagine what it will be like to do what i've read.

The second skill, is cordage, finding out what plants for making useage cordage. i do have a starting point of a couple plants that work, but i'm sure I can find others as well.

Fire, is the third skill, where sticks and stone, can hurt you, used correctly they can create fire. Fire, the one thing we need to heat and feed ourselves. Not that we need to cook all of our food, but some tastes better that way.

1 comment:

  1. As you start learning your skills hopefully you'll post your progress. I don't think I know anyone who makes their own cords. That would be totally interesting to follow along with.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete