Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Out of Hybernation

I've let this blog go too long without an entry. I never posted about my last harvet of blackberries and the great find of Hickory nuts. One of the reasons for the lack of blog entries here, is that i am still very new to what i want to create. The ideal of living simply, foraging and unplugging from the fast-paced world.

During the cold winter months, I bought more books to add to what i don't know(which seems like like alot). I still have so much to learn about foraging, but did play with banging rocks together to put an edge...the beginning of my flintknapping experience.

I tasted a piece of Dandelion green yesterday, what a strong bitter after taste. If it were cooked and cut with something else it might be a good meal. One thing I have paid attention eating out, si that if something is spicy, having something sweet softens the spicy taste, etc.

I had given up onusing laundry water to flush the toilet, it just doesn't seems practical. If I could handwash my clothes and hang them to dry, that seems a better idea. Then i can use the right amount of water and not electricity.

I will try to take on one thing at a time, so I won't get overwhelmed and not do anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment