Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bought my fishing license online today...don't tell the boss, I did it on work time. I wanted to make sure I could print it out, my older inkjet can be a bit flakey when printing out certian things. It was slow and everyone was almost a sleep anyhow.

Our lunch room has a TV that most people turn on and watch for lunch. i was the first one in, the TV was off and I loved the silence. One coworker comes in,"is the TV broken again?" I replied,"No, just didn't turn it on" His next question, I don't quite remember. The TV stays off and he sits down, i continued eating. Another coworker comes in,"Is the TV broken again?" I replied,"No, just didn't turn it on." They were both shocked that I would want to sit there without the TV on, that no one could eat without the TV blaring back at them. TV doesn't make food taste or different, not that I know of.

Tonight, I water the veggie plants and have the computer on, no lights and no TV...it is heaven. Just knowing I have a license to fish is good enough for me. with good weather coming up too. I can get what I need done at the house, then run off to the woods. I will see if I can find a good fishing spot. I'll have to read over my cordage instructions and grab my edible wild plant book. I might even get a few good pictures, while I'm out learning and playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment